5.10.2010

Plants not dead! Pt II

The weekend was pretty much a write-off, garden-wise. We had a little hail storm yesterday and it was kind of miserable all weekend. I'm home sick today, and actually I would be home anyway since it's my day off. I'm never sure which is worse, missing work because you're sick or having to give up a day off on the couch, watching movies and feeling sorry for yourself.

I did venture outside, though (my dog insisted on being walked even though I told her I was sick), and I took some pictures of what's going on out there.


002 (2)
003 (2)

My peas are starting to come up. The rough weather left some of them a bit exposed but they seem none the worse for wear.


004

This mysterious plant is growing right on the edge of an old compost heap. It's in quite a damp and shady part of the yard. I have no idea what it is, but it doesn't look anything like our ususal weeds. I'm going to leave it and see if it grows into anything interesting. Is it crazy to think it might be bamboo? Does bamboo even grow here? There are some bamboo shoots that ended up in the compost near where this mystery plant is coming up.


005

Apple tree buds!


006

On the inside front, all the watermelon and pepper seeds are sprouted now.

Finally: I've been covering up my outside beds at night, but it's looking like I might finally be able to relax about it. Here's our friendly weather forecast:


I don't mind my tax dollars paying for weather forecasts like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment