7.09.2011

In bloom on July 9th


In bloom on July 9th - old-fashioned vining petunias. I raised these plants from seed, starting them in the house months ago. It was not worth the effort.
Sweet peas, of course. I planted a flat of these from Holes earlier in the spring, scattering them throughout my garden. They are now in bloom everywhere. Beautiful!
And a bizarre succulent that looked like Hen & Chicks in the store, but when I planted it it began to grow two of these giant spikes, and now the spikes have beautiful, delicate pink flowers on them. Since it didn't have a tag, I shall name this plant "Space Oddity."

I got at least three mosquito bites in the process of running outside and taking these few pictures. Also it is raining. Normally Edmonton has one of these shortcomings at a time in summer, so both at once is interesting.

Lots of other things are on the brink of blooming, including lots of other succulents and the lupines, but in order to photograph them I have to order a telephoto lens from Amazon since I am OBVIOUSLY not going outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment